scooped from seesaw
This is really what I should do so that I can get back to blogging regularly.
Part of the reason for my lack of posting is my lack of love for wordpress.
Don’t get your panties in a bundle though, I haven’t made any plans to relocate just yet.
I’m still much too lazy for that.
The pressure is mounting. Two more days to get all of my studio work complete and to pack half of my little apartment up to ship back home. I swear, I don’t know how I managed to get so much stuff in here!
To counter act my stress I indulged a little with my favourite peanut m&ms and this adorable/uplifting song by Basia Bulat. I love her sound, and this music video is so cute (my favourite part is the dancing skeletons… I see a potential conceptual project there!)
I’ve got four days to basically make magic happen in the studio, 12 days to move out of my apartment, 15 days until my birthday, 20 days to find a new large format camera for under $400, and 23 days until I finish my undergraduate degree.
Of course all I want to do is go back to the beach and forget about my responsibilities. Hopefully wistfully staring as this lovely ocean view will suffice for now.
Ever since I came back to Eugene after Spring Break, the weather has been anything but well… spring-like. The worst part about that is that I have to wear my rain boots, which aren’t very comfortable and I don’t feel like they go with anything in my wardrobe. I got so upset about the rain today that I decided I would create an outfit that I would have worn had it been nice outside today.
Twisted Chiffon Cardigan in Soft Blossom from J. Crew
Stone Vintage Necklace in Green from Urban Outfitters
Silk Twyla Tank in Ivory from J. Crew
Cotton Cavalry Skirt in White from J. Crew
Slim Square-Buckle Belt in Seashore Beige from J. Crew
Kimichi Blue Floral Skimmer in Blue Cream from Urban Outfitters
J. Crew is obviously a favorite. If only the weather would change (and I could go shopping!).
Though it isn’t exactly the end of a century it kind of feels as though it is one for me; today I finished my undergraduate education in it’s entirety. It’s been a pretty hectic week:
– a 25 page paper on the affects of popular culture on our present-day perspective of PreColumbian Mesoamerican culture
– 15 4×5 contact prints
– a portfolio so large and cumbersome it only fit in a carry-on suitcase
– 32 drawings
And to prove I’m not making all of this up, images will be posted shortly.
I am super excited for tomorrow!
- I get to bring back my library books that I used for my 25 page paper which will clear up a ton of space on my desk and feel pretty refreshing
- My friend Monica and I are going to get new gym clothes so that we’ll look stylin’ when we go to the gym all of next term
- Monica and I are also helping our friend Neil bake a cake for our other friend Molly, whose birthday is Saturday
- Leaving for home in 32 hours!!!
It is going to be a great weekend. :]
Today’s list of exciting things entails:
- I am in love with this song. My lover sent this to me yesterday and it made my day. It’s still making my day because it’s such a great song.
- Actually I’m just in love with this band. Check out this other great track of theirs: 40 Day Dream Listen. Here.
- J.Crew‘s new ‘Rainy Day’ ballet flat. I swear these were made with me in mind.
- My Adv. Photo class final project book is up on blurb and ready for purchase if people are interested.
- It’s sunny and 60°F outside! Even if I have to write my art history research paper, at least I can do it with my shades on.
- My African Violet (I affectionately refer to her as Veronica) has new little baby leaves!
Alright, I said I would make a list each day as to what I’m excited about to help keep me positive and motivated.
- A new song I’m in love with: Hometown Glory by Adele
- The sun finally came out
- An early dinner with my friend Kathryn
- I have completed my source accumulation for my art history research paper
- Part One of my final crit for my Drawing as Thinking class this morning went very well, images will be up soon
- This sweet new website I found: http://mus-mus.org/atparis/atparis_photos.htm#atparis
- GAP is doing a denim donation program until the 14th and offering 30% off full price jeans!
So today I found out that I could graduate this term. Or should I say, could have. If only I wasn’t so overzealous fall term! Unfortunately the deadline for applying for winter-term graduation was four weeks ago, and of course I never thought I would finish early, so I applied for spring term graduation.
Aside: Kind of ridiculous that universities make you apply to graduate… I sat at my computer for a good five minutes thinking, ‘Didn’t I do this four years ago, trying to initially get in so that I could graduate?’ Whatever.
So, here I am… stuck in an undergraduate holding cell. It seems kind of nice not having to face the real world just yet, but I’m definitely waning on drive right now. I’m trying to stay positive, which in my mind will help keep me motivated. I’ve decided to make a list of things that I am excited about each day to help. (We’ll see how long this lasts…)
Things helping me stay motivated today are:
- Not having to take 18 upper div. studio credits next term. Woo!
- Three out of four boxes checked off on my PSU Asmission Application Checklist.
- My job shadow at the Right Brain Initiative coming up soon.
- My new shoes. :]
- Spring Break is in two weeks!
- My Adv. Photo class final group project: we’re making a book on blurb.
- First Friday Art Walk in Eugene (fingers crossed it isn’t raining).
- And this image by my friend Melissa. Isn’t it gorgeous?!
I have been suffering from an extreme case of senior-itis. Apparently when I was in high school I never experienced this dreadful disease. Now that I’m a month+a term away from graduating from college, I have never felt so unmotivated in my life.
Today I’m feeling under the weather, and I have found inspiration in… Trader Joe’s Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup.
Doesn’t sound very exciting by itself, but paired with a little cayenne pepper and a iron-grilled cheese sandwich and I’m feeling much more motivated… to go to the store and buy these ingredients.